Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony Dunkwu has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr Dunkwu was very personalble, very caring and listened to what I was saying was wrong with my body. Came all the way from Hawaii where the doctors here diagnoses stated that surgery would be way more invasive. Had one visit with Dr Dunku which took soooo much weight off my shoulders and Dr Dunkwu put me at ease. It's now been over a month since my surgery with Dr Dunkwu and I have not felt better (mind and body) since I started this with the GYN's here in Hawaii 7 years ago! Thanks to Dr Dunkwu and staff, I will be sending some Hawaii snack goodies to them soon! EXCELLENT all around!
I've been going to Dr. Dunkwu for about 6 years for my annual PAP smear. The office is clean and staff are friendly. He has has a brief consultation with you in his office before and after the exam. He's gentle and explains what he is doing the exam. About a week after the exam, the office will mail a notice to say the lab work is fine. Only one bad experience-A couple years ago, Dr. Dunkwu's office called to say the doctor didn't collect enough sample to complete the PAP, so I needed to come in again. I didn't have a problem going in again, but they charged me a second time! I didn't think that was fair, since it was the doctor's fault not doing it correctly the first time.
Dr. Dunkwu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Inova Alexandria Hospital
Washington Hospital Center
36 Years Experience
University of Florida
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Anthony Dunkwu accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2807 Duke St, Alexandria, VA
Dr. Anthony Dunkwu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.