Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony G Farina Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 150
If you need a referral it will take you at least a week. I was treated for a cold for three weeks. All the while I had blood clots in my lungs. My lung doctor found them. Thank you Dr Myers or I would not be here today. If you have nothing to do for the day make an appointment with Doctor Farina. I sat in the office for quit a while then I was put in a room and after an hour I called out for someone to help me. I had some many problems I finally left and I have a new doctor who is so wonderful.
I have never worked in an office like this. Dr. Farina yells and screams at his help all the time. He is the most degrading man I have ever met. He had patients one morning that had been waiting for him to arrive, once he arrived he started pounding on the counter and yelling profanities - then told us (the front office) to cancel all his patients for the day even the ones that were waiting. I have never seen a Doctor act like this in my life. The office supervisor Stephanie sits at her desk on her cell phone all day yelling someone pick up the phone while she just sits there. She has patients files piled high on her desk - no one knows where anything is. This place is a joke. And for all the people writing how wonderful this office is .... just wait you will change your mind in due time. The people that you see in that front office today will be gone within the next few weeks - they will either quit or be fired (for no reason most of the time) - if Farina is in one of his moods - people will be fired on that day for sure! STAY AWAY!
27 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Anthony G Farina Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Providence Urgent Care, 1830 Mineral Spring Ave Unit 1, North Providence, RI
Dr. Anthony G Farina Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Providence, RI.