2.1

Highly Dissatisfied

What a zoo!!!

I was a patient of Dr. Melcom, he is great. Unfortunately you can't say the same for Dr. Farina and most of the staff. When I started attending this office the doctors where so patient and very much interested in any issues you had, that has definitely change in the past couple of years due to the doctors being over booked. 1. takes 3 months to get a referral 2. it takes at least 3 hours to try and get thru to the office for any matter excluding billing (since they bill you for services not done and want all the money the can get).

What a joke!!

First off, I will guarantee you that any good review was written by Dr. Farina himself. - he yells at his staff (witnessed by many of his patients) - In 2018 I was in the waiting room, there were about 12 people waiting to be seen. An older lady was upset because she had an appointment that day which was confirmed the previous day by phone with his staff. The office had NO appointment for her on their books, the office told her that they couldn't fit her in that day. She was upset and said, "That's it, I'm finding a new doctor". I kid you not, everyone in the waiting room said . . . . "ME TOO, ME TOO, ME TOO, ME TOO"!!! It was hilarious! - yells at lab workers - The staff and doctors are constantly leaving because of his abuse - I was told by two different PA's that they were leaving because of his verbal abuse. - I was in the walk-in clinic back in 2017 and the entire staff, including the doctor, were talking about how much they hated him. It was very unprofessional on their part, but that also tells you how bad it is. - bills for procedures that are never done - will not refill a prescription if you don't see someone in his office every six months. We aren't talking about a new drug that someone was recently placed on. He demands it even for a drug that someone has been on for years, who's not having any type of problem or complication. - If you need a referral to see a specialist, expect to wait 3 to 4 weeks for it. - Dr. Farina is grooming Dr. Malcolm to be his new puppet. He's even picked up Farina's bad habit of yelling at the staff. Heard it with my own two ears!!! I could go on and on about this place. I no longer go to that office and I thank God for that!! If you're smart, you'll stay far far away from there. btw Dr. Farina had a pissing contest with the Mayor of North Providence and LOST!!!!

I was pleasantly surprised.

I first went to this primary care office about 3 months ago after a recommendation from a friend. My first experience wasn’t the best. The office girls were loud and very unorganized I think there were about 5 or 6 girls working in the office. The doctor seemed ok but he also seemed someone unorganized. But I must say I have noticed a big change. The last two visits were totally different. The girl at the front desk was helpful and pleasant, the office was calm and organized and very professional. I had a question regarding my referral and within minutes I was introduced to the referral coordinator and she answered all of my questions. On my last visit once again very professional, pleasant and organized. The staff was smiling and friendly the wait was very short. While I was in the waiting room an elderly man came in and seemed upset about his prescriptions. He was asked to take a seat and the girl would look into it. He sat down just a seat away so it was hard to not overhear the conversation. Within minutes an older women came out and sat beside the gentleman. She introduced herself as the manager. She listened to his complaint and apologized for the difficulties he was having getting his prescriptions she assured him this would not happen again her staff will fill all prescriptions within a 24-48 hour period. She wrote down her name and contact information and handed to the man and told him if he ever had to call more than once for his medications to make the second call to her directly, before their conversation was over the receptionist told him his prescription was called into his pharmacy and would be ready when he got there. It was so nice to see someone take the time to come out and sit with this elderly patient and have him leave taken care of and feel truly cared about. She turned to me and introduced herself as the man was leaving and asked if there was anything she could help me with I told her that I told her that I was just here for an appointment but I have noticed a big difference from my first visit. I would recommend this primary care to all of my friends. Very caring staff.

Sexual harrassment

He apparently has pending sexual harrassment charges

I think the problem is they overbook and you're sitting there for 2 hours last time I had to leave

Worst office ever

I have been a patient of Dr. Farina for over 10 years. I say I am a patient of Dr. Farina, but I NEVER see him. I am always pawned off on someone else. The turnover in this office is ridiculous. I am leaving thus practice, as many others already have, due to the unproffesionalism of the staff and Drs in this practice. I have had to call for prescription refills because they do not respond to pharmacist requests. I am given tests over and over again so the insurance can be billed. I can't forget to mention that they tell you you have a balance and no record if you having pd your copay. So, save your receipt or pay by credit card so you have proof.

Fast and friendly

He’s was great

I wrote one of the good reviews below and I am so sorry for doing so.

I have been calling the office for over two weeks for a crucial RX to be filled. I asked to speak to Denise and was told no one by that name works there. She was my only hope. She was the only one who truly cared about the patients there. I use to just leave her a message and within an hour or so she would call me back and tell me my scripts were called in and they were. I get a three month supply so I don't have to deal with this very often but now its insane. I have spoke to Stephanie the supposedly office manager. What a joke. Multiple times she has told me its all set with that phony voice and nothing has been done. I swear I hear its all set one more time. She does nothing but lie. This is not the only time I have dealt with her. Dr. Farina I am not sure why Denise is not there any longer but that is your biggest mistake. Get rid of that lazy useless so called office manager you have and get her back before your entire business is gone.

Do not go here

They over charge all their patients and are known for insurance fraud. This place should be closed down

Disgraceful !!!

My wife & I had been seeing Dr. Farina for about 16 years. Office has gotten worse & worse. Waited 8 weeks for a prescription to be filled, and then it was the completely wrong medication. Can't get an appt. with him because it's either cancelled, or he's in a meeting, or he's on the phone. And, u get asked if u would see someone else !! NO, I want to see my Dr.!! This place is a joke, If you are a fairly new patient, wait, you'll experience the HORROR !!! It takes forever to get anything done. Can't deal with the incompetence anymore !! WE'RE OUT !! And so is our whole family, Between family members, & friends about a dozen have left Dr. Farina. in the last couple years. I could go on & on, but it would be a 3 page review. I blame Dr. Farina, it's his practice, he's the boss and he's doing a very poor job of running it. It's to bad, because we did like him !!

Dr. Anthony G Farina Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Providence, RI.