Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony R Ferkich has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I went in with a swollen lip and mouth and lesions. Dr. Ferkich was quick to tell me I had just a cold sore and that he got those too (but told me in front of the nurse that she, Ashley, probably doesn't get them because she's quite healthy). That seemed a bit unprofessional. The next day it was much worse so I went to see another doctor for a second opinion and they did some tests and determined I had bacterial infections and prescribed antibiotics. Had I not gotten a second opinion I would be still just applying lip chap on a bacterial infection... sad that he may be misdiagnosing other patients and doesn't seem to care if he does!
This Doctor was completely dismissive of my needs & concerns. It was painfully obvious he had his own agenda. He was rude & arrogant from start to finish. I was disppointed to be treated with such disrespect by a healthcare "professional". It was humiliating. I've always believed In the Scripps organizations, but this experience will keep me on guard for now on.. Sadly.
Yes indeed, a paycheck is all Mr. Ferkich desires. Doctors are supposed to help you, however, he had zero desire or intention on helping me. He was soley concerned with getting me out of the ER as fast as posssible. He literally spent 3 minutes with me, rushed my symptom description, then disappeared for 2 hours...then comes back to discharge me. Horrible!!
Dr. Ferkich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Anthony R Ferkich accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLa Jolla Emergency Physicians Medical Group, 9888 Genesee Ave, La Jolla, CA
Dr. Anthony R Ferkich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.