Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony B Furey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Furey is one of the most pleasant, unassuming, and informative physicians I have ever met. Recently, I have taken my elderly mother to Dr. Furey for a consult. My mother's history and presenting problems are many and complicated. Like many elderly patients my mother is a poor historian and reporter. Dr. Furey put mother at ease immediately, answered her questions patiently and thoroughly. He answered my many questions as well. I recommend Dr. Furey without hesitation.
Fear I may experience is made much less after each visit with Dr. Furey. He is very open, honest, upfront and places me at ease. He is a warm person and makes me feel I am not alone and makes me feel I can have and live with an attitude of gratitude. I would recommend Dr. Furey tofamily members, friends and anyone who may express a heart condition. All staff in the office is always pleasant and professional. Thank you all for your service!!
I feel well cared-for by Dr. Furey. Always good communication, offering feedback and suggestions for my health.I can give wholehearted recommendation.Some ideas to get you started:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your doctor-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Graduate Hospital Tenet Health
Dr. Anthony B Furey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Physicians Pa, 1 Centurian Dr Ste 200, Newark, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony B Furey in this video.
Dr. Anthony B Furey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.