The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony P Furnary
Dr. Anthony P Furnary, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Furnary is affiliated with Providence Portland Medical Center. Dr. Furnary has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony P Furnary has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Anthony P Furnary has the following 17 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Coronary Disease
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Lung Diseases
- Vascular Malformations
- Surgical Wound Infection
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Varicose Veins
- Heart Valve Diseases
Dr. Anthony P Furnary has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anthony P Furnary is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have had nothing but the best experience with Dr. Furnary. He did an impossible surgery on me and I am still here today when all odds were against me. He is a caring doctor and he really listens.
Dr. Furnary was supposed to do a Vats Procedure on me for the removal of a large tumor in my right upper lobe. This was to take approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours. It actually turned out to be a Bilobectomy which took 4+ hours. I felt like I was in great hands. At my 1st consult appointment with him, I had to wait quite some time but I will never regret waiting. He took a long time explaining clearly to myself and my family and was very thorough. I have not seen him since he released me from the hospital but did see his PA
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Furnary is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1984
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Anthony P Furnary accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStarr Wood Cardiac Group Pc, 9155 SW Barnes Rd Ste 240, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony P Furnary in this video.
Dr. Anthony P Furnary is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.