Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony H Jackson
Dr. Anthony H Jackson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Natick, MA, with another office in Springfield, MA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine, Psychiatry, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Adolescent Medicine. Dr. Jackson is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Anthony H Jackson has the following 4 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Anthony H Jackson has the following 11 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Anthony H Jackson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony H Jackson - Posted on January 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony H Jackson - Posted on January 11th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony H Jackson - Posted on September 6th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony H Jackson - Posted on July 18th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony H Jackson - Posted on May 20th, 2014
Dr. Jackson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Anthony H Jackson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony H Jackson, MD - Adolescent Medicine in Natick, MA, in this video.
Dr. Anthony H Jackson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Natick, MA.