Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony H Russell
Dr. Anthony H Russell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Therapeutic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Russell is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital, New England Baptist Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Russell has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony H Russell has the following 2 specialties
- Therapeutic Radiology
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Anthony H Russell has the following 16 expertise
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Liver Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Radiation Injuries
- Ovarian Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Colon Cancer
- Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Female Genital Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
Dr. Anthony H Russell has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anthony H Russell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Anthony H Russell is a wonderful doctor who is a most smart, caring doctor I had ever met before.He is very knowledgeable, informative, comfortable atmosphere. he careful examined me, went through my long illness history, answered all of my questions thoroughly. He preformed necessary the test to evaluate my current condition, quickly made my treatment plan in 48 hrs with his oncology team. He give me a hope to live again. I would highly recommend Dr.Russell to anyone looking for the best professional care with a personal touch.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Russell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Anthony H Russell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHarvard Radiation Oncology, 100 Blossom St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony H Russell in this video.
Dr. Anthony H Russell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.