Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony Kassir has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I have been dealing with horrible anxiety and panic attacks since I was a young child. I have only been seeing him for almost 2 months but he has already helped me so much. He is very professional and kind. I never feel rushed during my appointments and he is very thorough with any questions I have. I would recommend Dr. Kassir to anyone!!
I have recently finished treatment with Dr. Kassir and would recommend him unreservedly. He is an extremely gifted physician and a compassionate human being.I have battled with clinical depression, and struggled with other self-defeating behaviors for most of my life. Over the last 25 years, I have been treated by a number of different physicians and been on several different medications with no lasting or significant improvement. I was beginning to think that this was the best I could hope for when I was referred to Dr. Kassir by someone whose opinion I trusted.Dr. Kassirs approach was different from what I had previously experienced. My treatment consisted mainly of ISTDP, an innovative type of psychotherapy, combined with medication management and traditional Cognitive-Behavioral therapy. (ISTDP or Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, is a technique in which Dr. Kassir has had extensive training.). Unlike prior treatments which tended to deal only with the symptoms of the underlying problem (and offering only temporary relief), Dr. Kassirs use of ISTDP addressed the root cause of my problems and depression.I have to say that the work was at times difficult and very painful. It required maximum effort on my part and I was not always willing. However, Dr. Kassir was always patient and focused. Therapy was not a magic cure-all; my life is not perfect, but I feel that now I can deal with whatever comes up in a positive, healthy way.I found Dr. Kassir to be intelligent, professional, caring, encouraging and non-judgmental. (He is also an excellent diagnostician. After seeing me for only a few weeks, he suggested I be tested for sleep apnea, something no other doctor had even considered. I was tested and found to have significant sleep apnea and am now being treated for it.)Additionally, Dr. Kassir was always available if I had a question, and accommodating if I needed to reschedule an appointment.I trust his judgment and value his medical opinion. I recommend him wholeheartedly!
18 Years Experience
University of California at Irvine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Anthony Kassir accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony Kassir in this video.
Dr. Anthony Kassir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aliso Viejo, CA.