Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony R Lim has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
During the time that I've been receiving chemotherapy from doctor A.Lim I've been very satisfied. He is a very good doctor, he really cares and he really knows what he's doing. I've been under his care for abut two years and what ever he's doing is working. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of chemotherapy. Or anyone who has cancer be cause he is very professional and very caring.
The problem with living in a small town is you don't always have enough doctors. Doctor Lim is a great doctor, just seems to be overworked and limited time, space etc., made for a long wait time each time I had to see him. Also, because he was stretched so thin, not always very personable. But very competent once you do get to see him, and I felt like I was getting adequate care.
28 Years Experience
University Of British Columbia
Graduated in 1990
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Anthony R Lim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHawaii Pacific Oncology Center, 1285 Waianuenue Ave Ste 101, Hilo, HI
Dr. Anthony R Lim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hilo, HI.