Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony M Messina
Dr. Anthony M Messina, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Messina is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Messina has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony M Messina has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Vaginal Cancer
- Birth Control
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cervical Diseases
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Messina is one of the most kind and compassionate men I have ever met. His bedside manner is superior to any other. He is the doctor you would want taking care of you. On our first meeting he said "we will get you through this.". I was scared and anxious. His kindness towards me gave me hope. Thank you Dr Messina and God Bless.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Messina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Anthony M Messina accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnthony M Messina Md, 3113 Lake Ellen Dr, Tampa, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony M Messina in this video.
Dr. Anthony M Messina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.