Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony J Mangia has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anthony J Mangia has the following 7 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Anthony J Mangia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
I attempted to use Dr. Mangia as my HMO primary physician. He may be a good doctor, but that's irrelevant due to the fact that you can't an appointment until 6 weeks after you call.After I scheduled my first appt. I had a bike accident. At NYU Hosp. in NYC where the ambulance took me I was examined (cat scan etc.) and told I had a concussion and received 8 stitches above my left eye. I still had bad headaches 10 days later, called Dr. Mangia's office and asked to be seen. They said no, he was too busy, I had to wait until my scheduled appty. weeks away. I ended up having to go to the emergency room at Jersey Med. Center.After seeing Dr. Mangia at my scheduled appt. 2 weeks later, I got sick - a fairly bad digestive problem. Again I called Dr. Mangia's office and asked to be seen and again they said no, he's too busy and offered me an appt. 6 weeks later. I went to my old doc in Manhattan, was diagnosed with a bacterial infection in my colon and was prescribed an antibiotic which eventually cleared up the problem. Had to pay him full fee because he's out of my Jersey insurance network.Mangia is worthless as a primary doctor. Why he is accepting new primary care patients when he refuses to see them when they get sick is beyond me.
Unfortunately, the Dr.'s office staff is completely inept. The office is run by the Dr's wife, who is not up to the job at all. You cannot get an appointment for at least 6 weeks to 2 months and when you do show up for a scheduled appt, you are guaranteed to wait at least an hour before they take your vitals, and then at least another half hour in the exam room waiting to see the Dr. The staff are not very helpful or caring in my opinion. I've been a patient for several years, and invariably when I call, after being put on hold, they come back to ask me if I'm a patient. Then they say they have no record of me and put me on hold again for a few more minutes. Arrggghhh. The only reason I've stayed is because Dr. Mangia is wonderful, and I usually see him only for a check up or an emergency, and once you do see him, he listens and takes all the time you need. Unfortunately, that is a problem since he gets backed up, and no one seems to care that he's managing his time with each patient properly. I have to change Dr's since it's just become so stressful.
Dr. Mangia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Anthony J Mangia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDel Monte Clinic, 239 Washington St Ste 101, Jersey City, NJ
Dr. Anthony J Mangia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.