Dr. Anthony Marcotte Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anthony Marcotte?

Thumb

Posted on October 31st, 2017

Dr marcotte explains everything he’s going to do. He treated me for tendinitis.of the thumb. Pain is gone. He is great.

Terrible experience

Posted on June 22nd, 2016

I was a new patient and waited OVER 2 hours for my appointment. I watched several people come in after me and go in before me. When the office was almost completely empty and I had been there over 2 hours...I asked the nurse if she had forgotten about me ?? She said oh...no I was next. When she brought me in the back room, I saw the doctor attend two other people and then watched as the nurse said to the doctor,"we have food in the back go grab some lunch." So, I waited another 20-25 minutes while the doctor ate his lunch, I didn't see any other patients beside myself back there waiting. I finally decided to leave and ran into the Dr. who was very nice, but it was too late for any of that. He treated my hand and I am never going to ever go back to that place again. If I had seen the Dr. in a timely manner, I'm sure I wouldn't feel this way.. but come on, your nurses knew I was sitting there when they told you to go to lunch. I'm sure they knew I was sitting there when they took all of those other people in ahead of me. I guess you don't need any "new" patients. I will be sure to tell my primary doctor who recommended you, how you treated me. Awful, awful experience and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Posted on July 24th, 2015

Shame on your billing practices Dr Marcotte. When I made the appointment on the phone I was told that you are a GHI participant so I made the appointment. When I came to your office I was told again that you are a GHI participan, receptionist made a copy of my insurance card and the copay. I saw you Dr Marcotte, and you looked at my ex rays and told me that my broken thumb was healing fine, no surgery needed, just wear a thumb brace for safety and go home. A few days later I got a bill in the mail for hand surgery which never happened in the amount of $3,638.00 . I called your billing office and was told that you no longer take GHI, and have to pay cash or credit. Your office sent my bill to collection agency. I still don't have that kind of money, and why am I being billed for hand surgery that I never had. Maria Bonsignore

Doctor's Response

Mrs. Bonsignore, first of all, I apologize that you are having difficulties with your insurance and the bills from our office. I will have the billing department look into this and contact you to try and resolve this matter. Please let me know if they are unable to explain or resolve this situation and I hope that the thumb injury you had is better by now. Every insurance has multiple plans and even though an office may accept an insurance, the office may not be providers for every plan that insurance offers. Your insurance company is ultimately the best source to determine if they cover a provider. As a general rule, verifying providers with your insurance prior to your appointment is the best way to make sure situations like this don't happen. To answer your question on "why am I being billed for a hand surgery that I never had" I would refer you to the CPT (current procedural terminology) code that is mandated for us to use by all the health insurance plans we accept, including governmental programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. When you are diagnosed with a fracture, we have to enter a CPT code to document the treatment you received, whether we treat it with surgery or not. This CPT code that you received describes the fracture and the treatment you received. For example, if someone comes in with a thumb fracture that can be treated with a splint or cast, then a code of 26605 might be sent to the insurance company stating "Closed treatment of metacarpal fracture, single; with manipulation, each bone". However if we ended up performing a surgery to fix the bone, then we might use a code 26608 "Percutaneous skeletal fixation of metacarpal fracture, each bone". Even though the codes are only off by 3, one indicates that the fracture was treated without surgery, one indicates that surgery was used to treat the fracture. The bottom line is that the insurance companies do not often differentiate this when sending patients a bill, but both circumstances are technically considered "procedures". I know it can be confusing, and if you still have any questions about this coding issue, please let me know. (You may also notice that the when you receive a brace from a doctors office, this will also be billed as a procedural code. Again this is a CPT code the insurance companies want us to use.)

Posted on December 31st, 2014

Over a 2 hour wait. We left. What a terrible way to run a practice. Nobody took a moment to explain the delay. Awful experience. Total disrespectful way to treat patients and their time.

Doctor's Response

I am very sorry for your experience at our office and assure you that it is never our intention to make people wait longer than they have to. As you can imagine, everyone has a problem when they come to see us and some are more complicated than others. We don't have a way, at this time, to predict how complex a patient visit is going to be. Visits that are seemingly straight - forward can even take longer than expected. Even though I do not know why we were behind that day you wanted to see us, I can assure you that every patient that day had my undivided attention during their visit so I could help them solve their problems. Since you last visited, we have hired extra personnel to help us in our goal to provide the very best care to all of our patients and try to maintain our schedule. We are currently gathering information, however, preliminary data suggests that we have been able to decrease our average wait to about 15-20 minutes. Again, I apologize for your wait and if you have a minute to read this enlightening blog written by a physician who had a similar complaint, I would direct search this: "Why in the...does a doctor schedule an appointment for 2:40 and keep my ... in the waiting room for at least 30 minutes?" Select the link under raphafamilywellness. If you do have the opportunity to visit us again, I hope your experience is more typical of the majority of patients we treat.

Great Doctor!

Posted on August 20th, 2014

Dr Marcotte was amazing, he took the time to explain what was causing my shoulder pain and answered all of my questions and concerns. His PA Chris was equally incredible. My shoulder hasn't felt this good in some time. I highly recommend Dr Marcotte.

OK

Posted on October 25th, 2013

The Dr. is very talented, knowledgeable, and quite frankly easy on the eyes. But his front office staff is awful. They are always on their smart phones and my wait to be seen by the Dr. was 57 minutes. I get one day a week off to manage my health care and don't have an hour to spend in a waiting room.

Doctor's Response

Darrell, thank you for your response. Since you visited, we have replaced all the staff at the front desk. In addition, we have hired additional staff behind the scenes to help decrease wait times. If you are ever in a situation where you need to leave right away, please let the front desk know and we will try our best to accommodate.

EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE

Posted on June 6th, 2012

I was "worked into the schedule" after an accident and emergency room visit. This office provides excellent care. Sometimes you have to wait because the doctor's try to take care of all of their patients. Once I was seen, x-rays were taken and Dr. Marcotte sat and explained things to me with available options. He is a true professional and exhibits a very caring attitude. Thank you Dr. Marcotte.

Endoscopic carpal tunnel release

Posted on May 19th, 2012

Dr. Marcotte cured my carpal tunnel syndrome with endoscopic surgery on a Wednesday, I was back to work the next day. I went to sleep the night after surgery and didn't wake up one time, my numbness is gone completely. All I had was a small bandage after surgery and an even smaller scar on my wrist. No stitches to take out! I was able to golf again in two weeks.

Very professional

Posted on September 19th, 2011

The office is very nice, the receptionist was very courteous. I was brought back right away. They were able to take xrays while I was there, explain and treat my problem, I was on my way in no time. Great experience.

Surprisingly Pleasant Experience!

Posted on August 5th, 2011

No one expects to have a pleasant experience at a Doctor's office. Especially now days when it seems commonplace to get rushed out of the office before you even get a chance to explain what you're feeling! Dr. Marcotte was great! Admittedly there was a wait time of about 30 minutes, but as soon as I got taken back to the exam room, he made me feel like I was his only patient to take care of that day. He listened and was very patient with me as I gave my entire medical history. He explained my condition and answered all of my questions. I left feeling assured and very confident in his care. My family and friends now have a new Ortho Doc for life!

Not sure what the last guys issues were

Posted on August 3rd, 2011

I had quite the opposite experience with Dr. Marcotte. His staff was excellent, I did have to wait a little while, but who doesn't wait when seeing a doctor? I was a new patient as well, and he and his assistant Chris each spent a significant amount of time in the room explaining my condition to me and were really able to help with an injection of cortisone. I really felt confident afterward and happy I went. I will definitely be back if my hand bothers me again.

Posted on September 22nd, 2017