Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony J Messina
Dr. Anthony J Messina, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Poughkeepsie, NY. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Messina is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony J Messina has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anthony J Messina has the following 14 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Anthony J Messina has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Was Left high and dry after follow up after dicharge from Mid Hudson Regional follow up. stating Hhis practice didn't accept my insurance and I sope with the the dr before discharge concerning insurance and he reassured me that won't be a problem. I was diagnosed with Bilateral Pulmonary Emboli and on my follow up after discharge they didn't even want to do an EKG and I was sufferring from Atrial flutter and Tachcadiac events. He told me during visit that you have an appointment with hematology they will take care of everything. If Hematology can take care od Cardiology he should be without a job. I know have a great Cardiologist who has me being seen by Electophysiologist heart failure speacialist toname a few. It would have been ok to let me know before discharge that would have been a problem then get another DR to be assigned. I had to wait 2 weeks after discharge to have him waist time during my health crisis. Shame on you Anthony Massina. I am a RN 36 Years I alway give my all to my patients.
Dr. Messina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Anthony J Messina accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsHudson Valley Heart Center, 1 Columbia St Ste 200, Poughkeepsie, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony J Messina in this video.
Dr. Anthony J Messina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.