Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Anthony K Njapa has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Anthony K Njapa has the following 12 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Anthony K Njapa has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 12
In 2004 a friend recommended Dr. A. Njapa to me when I found out that I was pregnant with my second child. From my first visit I was highly satisfied with Dr. Njapa. I received very timely and courteous service during each of my prenatal visits and whenever I had any emergency he was a quick call away. At my delivery he prayed before delivering my child. (I have 4 children, only doctor I ever saw praying). The after care was just as great. He came in early the next morning Easter Sunday for our follow up. I have never had such a caring MD before or after. I was devastated when he told me that he was moving out of NY. I know he will continue to be a great MD wherever he goes.
For 16 yrs., I suffered with a severe painful condition that other doctors were unable to detect. The pain was so excruciating that I could only roll on the floor, every time there was an attack. Then a friend told me of Dr. Njapa, and made the appointment for me to see him at his Lockwood, New York office. During my first appointment, I broke down in tears, but Dr. Njapa assured me he would not stop until he found out what was wrong with me. Dr. Njapa was true to his word. He never stopped until the ailment was discovered. In 2004, he performed the surgery, and today I am a pain free individual, who is filled with graditude to a wonderful Dr., Dr. Anthony K. Njapa. I certainly miss him out of New York, because I do need a good gynecologist. Thank you Dr. Njapa.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Anthony K Njapa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony K Njapa, DO - General Practice in Wilmington, NC, in this video.
Dr. Anthony K Njapa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.