Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony Piro
Dr. Anthony Piro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peabody, MA, with another office in Salem, MA. He has 57 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Piro is affiliated with South Shore Hospital, North Shore Medical Center - Union Hospital and Beverly Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony Piro has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Piro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
South Shore Hospital
North Shore Medical Center - Union Hospital
Massachusetts General Hospital
Anna Jaques Hospital
Mt Auburn Hospital
NSMC - Salem Hospital
Mass General Hospital
North Shore Medical Center
57 Years Experience
Graduated in 1956
Dr. Anthony Piro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anthony Piro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peabody, MA.