Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony Pucillo
Dr. Anthony Pucillo, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Hawthorne, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology and Cardiology. Dr. Pucillo is affiliated with Hudson Valley Hospital Center, Lawrence Hospital and St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Newburgh Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony Pucillo has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Stenosis
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Pucillo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hudson Valley Hospital Center
St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Newburgh Campus
Westchester Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
White Plains Hospital Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
St Agnes Hospital
New York Medical College
Westchester County Medical Center
35 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1978
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Anthony Pucillo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions19 Bradhurst Ave, Hawthorne, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony Pucillo in this video.
Dr. Anthony Pucillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hawthorne, NY.