Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony Martinez
Dr. Anthony Martinez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Martinez is affiliated with Promise Hospital San Diego, UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla and UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest. Dr. Martinez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony Martinez has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Anthony Martinez has the following 1 expertise
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
Dr. Anthony Martinez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Martinez is knowledgeable and shares his experience with me. He watches my treatment carefully and cares that I do well. I feel very secure knowing he's overseeing me. Hep C is his specialty so he's well educated in this area. I would recommend him to anyone needing a specialist in Hepatitis.
He really cares and it's refreshin... I have have a stomach condition for months he listened to ME and requested some labs and that was it! I'm fine now I had been to countless MD we just have me meds for the symptoms but Dr. Martinez is intresting in the underlying cause and I can't see myself leaving his care..
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Martinez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Promise Hospital San Diego
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
38 Years Experience
University of New Mexico
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions8939 Villa La Jolla Dr, La Jolla, CA
Dr. Anthony Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.