Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony A Sierra
Dr. Anthony A Sierra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Obstetrics. Dr. Sierra is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center. Dr. Sierra has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony A Sierra has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Anthony A Sierra has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Anthony A Sierra has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anthony A Sierra is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
After voicing many concerns about having my first pevic exam/pap smear ect, and my concerns with getting an IUD placed, Dr. Sierra did not do anything to calm or sooth my worries. He left me in the dark, and then pushed me off onto a nurse so that I could just read some pamplets (which didn't tell me anything Google hadn't already). I probably should have sought out another doctor after this first visit, but I followed through with my appointment with him to have an IUD placed--which was a nightmare of an experience. Dr. Sierra did not talk me through anything he was doing; I felt more like a practice dummy than a patient. His nurse, I must say though, was doing her best to compensate for his obvious lack of bedside manner by explaining what was happening, what I will be feeling,etc. I would not recommend Dr. Sierra to any of my friends or acquaintances. I would only recommend him for those who couldn't care less about their own medical experiences, and are attempting to open up the schedules of better doctors for those who do.
Dr. Sierra gave me total confidence to face a total hysterectomy. He answered all my questions and gave me enough information to help me feel confident he could help me. After surgery he told me everything I needed to know. He spoke to me like a loving father. His bedside manner can't be topped. He understands women, he is courteous and respectful. I am so happy he was my Dr. who helped me and healed me in a time of great need. Thank you Dr. Sierra
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Sierra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Universidad De Guayaquil
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Anthony A Sierra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSanford Obstetrics & Gynecology Clinic, 1500 W 22nd St Ste 301, Sioux Falls, SD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony A Sierra in this video.
Dr. Anthony A Sierra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.