Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony G Thomas
Dr. Anthony G Thomas, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pawtucket, RI. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with Kent Hospital, St Joseph Center for Health & Human Services and Roger Williams Medical Center. Dr. Thomas has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony G Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Blood Disorders
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Showing 5 of 7
Without getting to personal my husband was recommended to see this physician . Unfortunately we had to deal with this physician reporting over the phone that my husband had 90% chance of having metastatic cancer. Numerous diagnostic test,in addition to an unwarranted biopsy was performed. Fortunately, after conferring with other oncologist my husband is considered cancer free.
i have never written a review before, but Dr. Thomas was not only personable and confident, he was also intuned to my daughter's fears and addressed them as seriously as he addressed her condition............left feeling comfortable and for the first time in a week, like we could breath again...............thank you
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Roger Williams Medical Center
Dr. Anthony G Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Hospital of Rhode Island, 111 Brewster St, Pawtucket, RI
Dr. Anthony G Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pawtucket, RI.