Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony S Unger
Dr. Anthony S Unger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with another office in Chevy Chase, MD. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Unger has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony S Unger has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Anthony S Unger has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Anthony S Unger has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anthony S Unger is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
My Injuries Four years ago, I was injured from a traffic accident and had developed traumatic hip arthritis; Which had caused me no longer able to walk without aids; My rheumatologist had recommended hip replacement surgery; My surgeon; Dr. Anthony Unger from the Sibly Hospital was selected to be my surgeon -Dr. Unger is a lnterationally recognized expert in total joint replacement and minimally invasive surgery; He has developed a technique with an anterior approach, which is a true "muscle sparing operation"; This has several advantages: patient recovered faster and had fewer complication than the standard posterior approach; My surgery: My operation conducted by Dr. Unger and his team went so well that after the surgery, I had suffered no pain and with minimum discomfort; This was due to the fact that Dr. Unger has an indepth knowledge on the medical aspects of the bone disease; and he also has superior and skillful techniques in conducting this type oof surgery- that's why I had a seamless and successful operation; Thank you Dr. Unger! The medical staff at the Sibley Hospital: The staf was friendly and helpful during my time of need; I also like to thank them to deliver such positive care to me! Recommending Dr. Anthony Unger: If you need hip replacement surgery, go to Dr. Unger!! My Surgery: has developed a
I would give Dr. Unger the lowest rating possible. I had swelling from the post-op period of his surgery until a year and ten months. He had no suggestions for a solution. Now I have learned that the lower part of the device he installed in my knee is loose and is responsible for the swelling. I have been losing bone and he has suggested no treatment or solution. I think he is irresponsible.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
38 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1980
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony S Unger in this video.
Dr. Anthony S Unger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.