Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony J Vaccaro has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anthony J Vaccaro has the following 13 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Preventive Medicine
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Anthony J Vaccaro has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I was recommended to Dr. Vaccaro by a friend. Although I was a bit hesitant because of a couple of his reviews, I made an appointment to see him anyway. I found the entire experience to be completely positive from making the appointment to checking out and follow up. Dr. Vacarro is phenominally intuitive. I found him to be reserved, but professional, knowledgeable, thorough, understanding and incredibly articulate. All of the staff members are personable, engaging and professional. Dr. Vaccaro's quiet demeanor and directness was most appreciated. I highly recommend him.
Worst doctor experience I had ever had. This was my first appointment with Mr. Vaccaro and he was very rude, didn't listen to any of my secondary concerns, and overtly passed judgement on my lifestyle choices. He even decided to cancel my blood tests even when I asked explicitly to have them done. I won't recommend this "professional' to anybody
Doctor Vaccaro was able to diagnose a problem that the ER missed, and I was thus able to get the proper care, avoid the wrong emergency surgery, and ultimately recover. I think some people misunderstand his professional interaction to be cold, when he is trying to present facts, and help guide you to the right answer, not the easy answer.I wasn't any too thrilled with his diagnosis at first, because it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I'm glad I listened, he was right!He has been my Doctor since, and has always been there with prompt service, a smile, and most importantly, excellent medical care.Personalities differ, it's true. However, I think proper medical care and excellent diagnostic skills are most important to me.
Dr. Vaccaro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Anthony J Vaccaro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Memorial Physicians Group, 1333 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony J Vaccaro in this video.
Dr. Anthony J Vaccaro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.