Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony N Vettraino Jr
Dr. Anthony N Vettraino Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brighton, MI. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Vettraino is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Hospital and Doctors Hospital Of Michigan. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony N Vettraino Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Apparently he has major holes in his knowledge I had to beg him to refer me to a specialist and he kept asking me to make appointments for what I didn't go to the office for, 137/92 blood pressure I have to see him back twice in 2 weeks for, got my record wrong and have his office staff call me three times in the same week to schedule for physical exam. It really bothered me that the specialist said complete opposite of what he said and did for me; even sent medications of redundant/duplicate nature which the specialist literally yelled at me for taking both at same time - yeah I was starting to wonder why I was having so many side effects from his prescriptions I don't like going to the doctors but my brother-in-law living in Boston insisted that I get seen about my particular problem and my visit with this doctor confirmed my reluctance - cut me off and blew me off in a patronizing manner without getting all the detailed history of my problem - the bad bedside manner really really irritated me
Dr. Vettraino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Anthony N Vettraino Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Mercy Brighton Health Center, 7575 Grand River Rd Ste 202, Brighton, MI
Dr. Anthony N Vettraino Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brighton, MI.