Dr. Anthony A Virella Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anthony A Virella?

A Good Surgeon is What Matters Most

In May of 2017, I was hit by a huge medical transport van going full speed on the freeway which resulted in severe neck and back pain with restricted mobility. It was devastating, as I am, and always have been a very active person both professionally and recreationally. After trying physical therapy, aquatic therapy, and 2 epidurals, surgery became my only option. I consulted a well-known neurosurgeon at UCLA, that recommended disc replacement in my lumbar region and a possible fusion in 2 levels of my neck. I asked for a second opinion with Dr. Virella because I had taken my 81-year-old mother to see him 8 years earlier and had been impressed with his straightforward clarity as to what the risks would be for her to have a surgery that was being recommended to her. Based on her consultation with him, she elected to cancel her surgery. Mom will be 90 this May, and our family remains grateful for his honesty. I was able to get a consultation with Dr. Virella and after looking at my MRI, he recommended a lumbar fusion right away and said that he would not recommend disc replacement surgery for me, nor did he feel I that need the surgery on my neck at this time. I felt so comfortable with his straight forward diagnosis and his reasoning behind his recommendation that I scheduled my surgery with him before I left his office. His office manager, Mina, and his front office nurse, Jennifer along with his other staff were as efficient as he was. I was the office manager of my husband’s medical practice in Northridge for years, so I know what a well-run, efficient practice looks like. I just saw Dr. Virella to have my staples removed. I feel very optimistic that I will welcome in the New Year pain free with returned mobility. In May of 2017, I was hit by a huge medical transport van going full speed on the freeway which resulted in severe neck and back pain with restricted mobility. It was devastating, as I am, and always have been a very active person both professionally and recreationally. After trying physical therapy, aquatic therapy, and 2 epidurals, surgery became my only option. I consulted a well-known neurosurgeon at UCLA, that recommended disc replacement in my lumbar region and a possible fusion in 2 levels of my neck. I asked for a second opinion with Dr. Virella because I had taken my 81-year-old mother to see him 8 years earlier and had been impressed with his straightforward clarity as to what the risks would be for her to have a surgery that was being recommended to her. Based on her consultation with him, she elected to cancel her surgery. Mom will be 90 this May, and our family remains grateful for his honesty. I was able to get a consultation with Dr. Virella and after looking at my MRI, he recommended a fusion right away and said that he would not recommend disc replacement surgery for me, nor did he feel I that need the surgery on my neck at this time. I felt so comfortable with his straight forward diagnosis and his reasoning behind his recommendation that I scheduled my surgery with him before I left his office. His office manager, Mina, and his front office nurse, Jennifer along with his other staff were as efficient as he was. I was the office manager of my husband’s medical practice in Northridge for years, so I know what a well-run, efficient practice looks like. I just saw Dr. Virella to have my staples removed. I feel very optimistic that I will welcome in the New Year pain free with returned mobility.

Not recommended.

Waste of time, He has no understanding of nature of pain, just looking to drain your pocket.

Love him

After four years of seeing Doctor after Doctor I finally have found someone that would listen, and not think I am crazy anymore. He listened to all of my symptoms and confirmed a clear diagnosis. What an amazing Doctor. His staff is wonderful. They were so supportive and caring. I appreciate them more than They will ever know!

THE BEST!!!

ILIF

Great experience. Quick service as far as wait time. Friendly staff and more importantly Dr Virella did an unbelievable job on my back.

Rt L4-S1 Microdiscectomy

He was caring and confident - informative and sensitive to my condition.

L5S1 Microdiscectomy

Since the day i met Dr Virella and his staff my experience has been great. He was very thorough in explaining my MRI and the surgical options and procedure. Even the surgery center was awesome. Overall I am very happy that I chose dr Virella and his staff to care for me, they are the absolute best!

Life saver!

Dr Virella literally saved my life. I was living in intense pain daily due to a herniation in my neck. I tried therapy, massage and epidurals and nothing fixed the issue. Dr Virella identified the issue, had me in for surgery and now I have been living pain free without issue. I am able to enjoy my old life again all because of Dr Virella!

Lumbar herniation success

Dr. Virella quickly and professionally diagnosed my lower lumbar herniation. After therapy did nothing for my nerve impingement, I knew the only path to healing was surgery. My expectations were not only met, they were exceeded. Dr. Virella's bedside manner is second to none and my surgery was less stressful than I thought. It was fast and easy and I am in 100% relief only a week after surgery.

Neck pain and symptoms GONE

Completely lost all sensation in my arm and hand due to severely pinched nerve in my cervical spine. Dr Virella conducted a removal of my disc and replacement and the nerve impingement was gone and my sensations returned. The surgery was without complication and I am able to use my arm and hand again as I could before my disc herniation. Dr Virella was caring and compassionate and got me in and out in only a few days from my first appointment. I would recommend him to anyone in need of spine consultation.

Fusion

Dr Virella and his staff were comforting, knowledgeable and professional during the entire process. From the day I walked into his office to now one month removed from surgery, I have been treated like a queen. My surgery was nothing short of a success. I now am able to do the hobbies I once couldn't because of the pain and discomfort. I can play with my children and live life to the fullest. I can't possibly recommend Dr Virella more.

Post Surgery ACDF

I saw Dr. Virella after seeing two other spine surgeons who were unable to accurately diagnose my condition. Dr. Virella was able to see exactly what I was dealing with and scheduled me for surgery within a couple days. Surgery was a perfect success and I now have feeling back in my arm and am beginning to reverse the muscle atrophy I was experiencing. Dr. Virella is very caring and took all the time with me I needed.

Dr. Anthony A Virella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Agoura Hills, CA.