Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony G Visco has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Uterine Prolapse
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Vesicovaginal Fistula
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urogenital Surgical Procedures
- Hot Flashes
- Fecal Incontinence
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Urinary Incontinence
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I can't say enough about Dr. Visco! I live in Western NC and had a transvaginal mess surgery performed by a doctor in Asheville, NC. I had terrible complications. I got online and found Dr. Visco. He saved my life!!! If I had not gone to Dr. Visco I'm sure that I would have died. He is the most knowledgeable, sweetest, kindest doctor I have ever been to. Dr. Visco really cares about his patients. I would recommend Dr. Visco to my family and friends. It was worth the 5 hour drive to Duke just to have him for my doctor. He is great!!
The most wonderful doctor. He listens and explains clearly - I had complete confidence in him within my first visit. My surgery was a great success - my husband was kept informed through-out the time and I had a phone call from Dr Visco that night to find out how I was doing, Such a personal touch I felt I really mattered to him. Thank you to Dr Visco and his wonderful staff
After a bad experience with a previous surgery Dr Visco was recommended to me. He has preformed 2 surgeries to fix my mesh complications and a robotic hysterectomy. From the first meeting I felt trust and a connection. He encourages me to ask questions and always takes time to answer all my concerns. Feeling like a new person I have complete confidence in Dr Visos talent and knowledge and will highly recommend him to family and friends.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1993
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Anthony G Visco accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDuke University Medical Center, 200 Trent Dr, Durham, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony G Visco in this video.
Dr. Anthony G Visco is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Durham, NC.