- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony W Allen MD
Dr. Anthony W Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX. His specialties include Radiology and Vascular and Interventional Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony W Allen has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
Dr. Anthony W Allen has the following 8 expertise
- Dialysis Access Surgery
- Cancer Chemoembolization (Therapeutic Chemoembolization)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Liver Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
Dr. Anthony W Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Anthony W Allen's office for more information.
3551 Roger Brooke Dr Bldg 3600 Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX : (210) 916-4141
Locations & DirectionsBROOKE ARMY MEDICAL CENTER, 3551 Roger Brooke Dr Bldg 3600, Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX
Dr. Anthony W Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX.