Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anton Orlin has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Anton Orlin has the following 4 expertise
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
Dr. Anton Orlin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Orlin was brought in to repair the second retinal detachment in an eye that had already had a complex, full (macular-off) retinal detachment due to PVR. He performed the repair in an extended operation and filled the eye with silicone oil, which he removed in a later procedure. He is now treating the eye on an extended basis for CME (retinal swelling) and all is proceeding better than I could reasonably expect. Dr. Orlin, together with his staff and the surgery facilities at Columbia Presbyterian are extremely professional and all my procedures have been positive experiences. Key positives (for me) include the ongoing research in developing techniques that Dr. Orlin is engaged in (including his experience with an off-label use that provided substantial vision improvement), his connection to and ability to consult with other retinal practitioners in the Weill-Cornell practice (which he has done repeatedly in my complex case), and his openness and frankness in responding to my (typically long list of) questions.
Dr. Orlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Anton Orlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWeill Cornell Medical College, 156 William St, New York, NY
Dr. Anton Orlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.