Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Antoni J Gofron has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Antoni J Gofron has the following 14 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Antoni J Gofron has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Antoni J Gofron is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Gofran came highly recommended by my primary. i really wish I had known to read others reviews first, or I would never have gone to see him. I saw him regarding several growths on my thyroid, He was ok the first time I saw him, but when I saw him a year later, I was already having thyroid issues, I told him I felt like I was being choked and he told me it couldn't be my thyroid. I told him my heart was racing, I was losing my hair, and my nails were brittle. He sent me to a bunch of specialists who all said it was due to the growth on my thyroid, An ears, nose, and throat doctor ordered a simple swallow test that showed the growths had displaced and narrowed my esophogus. The choking sensation was due to the growth being caught between my esophogus and collar bone. Certainly an "expert" such as he should have had the knowledge to order such a simple test. After a summer of suffering, visits to 4 different specialists, and a simple swallow test, I had the surgery and felt instantly better. This guy is worthless.
I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism reluctantly from my primary so I sought out further understanding from a specialist. Dr. Gofron was not interested in my questions or concerns. For anyone out their suffering - doctor's like this need to have a warning. I felt like I was crazy and for someone with a hormone imbalance this made me feel unnecessarily rejected.
Having a full hysterectomy at 33 and not wanting to go into menopause, I was having problems getting my hormone levels under control and had been referred by my ob/gyn; further complicating the issue was hypothyroidism. I went to Dr. Gofron, who was very dismissive and curt. "I don't do female hormones." It wasn't like I was asking him to treat me for hemorrhoids - as an endocrinologist, his job is dealing with hormones - just not, apparently, LADY hormones. Interestingly enough, his PA called me two days later and asked if I was happy with the visit. I said absolutely not, he said he doesn't treat WOMEN hormones. She said, come in and see me; I did and she got my hormones under control so I wasn't 33 and menopausal. This guy's name is STILL on my prescriptions; I guess while he is too high and mighty to deal with women's hormones, he can deign to have his PA right prescriptions under his name. What a jerk.
Dr. Gofron is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Jagiellonian University Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Antoni J Gofron accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMadison Medical Affiliates, 788 N Jefferson St, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Antoni J Gofron in this video.
Dr. Antoni J Gofron is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.