Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Antonio M Alvarado
Dr. Antonio M Alvarado, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Braunfels, TX. He has 8 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Antonio M Alvarado has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Antonio M Alvarado has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Antonio M Alvarado - Posted on September 14th, 2018
My husband is currently being treated by Dr. Alvarado for his kidney issues. The doctor's true concern and compassion for his patients was evident when he personally called to check on my husband's progress after an office visit. He also had another doctor 's office call us to help manage my husband's breathing issues. When we need to see him, his office staff has made sure that we get in asap.
8 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2010
Dr. Antonio M Alvarado Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSAN ANTONIO KIDNEY AND DISEASE CENTER PHYSICIANS GROUP PLLC, 2660 Common St Ste 201, New Braunfels, TX
Dr. Antonio M Alvarado is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Braunfels, TX.