Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. J Antonio Lopez
Dr. J Antonio Lopez, MD, FACC, FAHA is a Doctor primarily located in Boise, ID, with other offices in Boise, ID and Newbury Park, CA . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lopez is affiliated with St Alphonsus Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. J Antonio Lopez has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I first met Dr. Lopez when I was experiencing some minor chest/arm pain and was referred to him by my family physician. At that time, I was truly impressed by his level of care and patience. About one year later (2010) I experienced a mild heart attack and was life flighted to Boise. Dr. Lopez was there waiting for me. The visit required a stent and a short hospital stay and his bedside manner was equal to the standard of care he demonstrated in office visits. I feel extremely fortunate to have a physician of his caliber treating me over the past 4 years and would highly recommend him (and have) to my family and friends. His nurse and office staff are also very personable and professional. If I could, I would rate him a 4+ on the rating chart.
Dr L is so nice and kind that I actually look forward to going for my appointment. The only thing that detracts from it being a perfect office visit is the wait to see him. I know it is because he cares so much about each patient, so I can easily overlook this. He has always given me the time I deserve as a patient and I can be this causes the delay in timeliness to my appointment. I used to see a different Dr in his practice, but he was obtuse, rude and had a horrible bed side manor. I was lucky enough to get Dr L when he first started and have been pleasantly pleased ever since.
Doctor Lopez is not only an incredible doctor but an incredible man! I have had MANY doctors in my 55 years but Doctor Lopez certainly has been a total asset in my total health care. He always explains his findings so I can best understand them. Doc Lopez is never too busy to answer questions about my health. When I leave his office, I feel totally "taken care of". His "bedside manner" is wonderful, as has not always been the case with many of my other experiences! Doc Lopez's office staff is also so consistently able to "get it done", regardless of any situation.. (and I have had many situations!)I feel very honored to have a "real person" that truly cares about my health concerns. I would recommend Doctor Lopez to any person that is in need of cardiac (or any) health care for their continued longevity. The Doc has sure help me and I'm certain he'll help you!
Dr. Lopez is the most considerate and kind physician. He take the time to listen and always follows through with any question you and he himself might have even after your appointment is long over.
Dr. Lopez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
35 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Dr. J Antonio Lopez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. J Antonio Lopez in this video.
Dr. J Antonio Lopez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boise, ID.