Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Antonio R Gonzalez-Ruiz has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- High Risk Pregnancy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I am high risk. Dr. Gonzalez's staff was so kind and caring! He performed a CVS procedure on me with very little pain or discomfort. I was extremely nervous going in and he put all my worries to ease. He answered all of my questions without acting annoyed. We had been told by other doctors and specialists that our baby was a partial molar. We were hearing phrases like "baby will not survive" and "terminate your pregnancy". He discovered our baby is not a molar pregnancy and has given us hope. I will always highly recommend him and his staff for anyone wanting a second opinion from a seasoned professional or anyone high risk. He knows what he's doing and he has the best staff I've ever met!
My husband and I went to see Dr. Gonzalez after some abnormal quad screen results. We were anxious, but Dr. Gonzalez was kind, thorough, and took his time in explaining things to us. While our quad screen results turned out to be a false alarm, he encouraged me to listen very carefully to my body for the remainder of my pregnancy. Had he not said that to me, it's highly unlikely I would've gone to the hospital on the day I did. Turned out to be severe preeclampsia. While I was hospitalized, Dr. G worked closely with my OBGYN in an attempt to stabilize me and give both me and my son the best chance. While he was born 13 weeks premature and spent just over two months in the NICU, he's thriving. I am so thankful that Dr. G was placed in our lives. Without his wisdom, who knows where we would be.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Este
Graduated in 1974
Dr R E Betances Mayaguez Medical Center
Dr. Antonio R Gonzalez-Ruiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrookwood Urgent Care, 2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Ste 604, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Antonio R Gonzalez-Ruiz is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.