Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Antonio J Llamas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 18
Unfortunately, my choices are limited with my current health plan. I was assigned Dr. Llamas as my PCP when I moved to a new firm and was forced to switch insurance companies and medical groups. Dr. Llamas' office is an urgent care clinic, so there are no appointments to be made. Hope you don't mind waiting... I don't know what is going on with that office, but it is run so poorly. The turnover is frequent, resulting in poor patient service and almost non-existing follow-up. I have been waiting for referrals to go through for needed appointments for almost two months. At first, the referral clerk told me that it was my medical group holding up my appointments. Then she finally admitted that she never submitted the referrals at all. She lost my new insurance information. The problem is that the office is greatly understaffed as employees have quit, as well as the office manager. The owner of the clinic is almost never there so there is nobody to complaint to unless you want to wait to see the doctor. I have never met Dr. Llamas but two other M.D.'s who I liked okay and a P.A. who I thought was excellent. The equipment is outdated, the clinic is filthy and unless you speak Spanish, you may not feel welcome.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Llamas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Antonio J Llamas accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAntonio Jimenez Llamas Md, 9653 Alder Ave, Fontana, CA
Dr. Antonio J Llamas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fontana, CA.