Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anupama K Mathew has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Showing 5 of 43
I scheduled an appointment with this doctor. I followed all instructions as prescribed to prepare for the colonoscopy procedure. I had a severe reaction to the medication, extremely painful, some people have no problems with this medication, Suprep, but I had severe abdominal pains that lasted over 10 hours. I was forced to cancel my colonoscopy due to my level of pain and discomfort. I called the office the morning of the procedure to speak with the doctor to explain the severe, painful reaction. The receptionist told me that the doctor would not call me and that I would be billed a $100.00 cancelation fee. They have a very explicit cancelation fee, however I was told that there is not an exception if you have a reaction to the medication. I was told that this is a common side effect and would be billed the cancelation fee anyway. Be cautious and find a doctor who is actually concerned about your health.
I just spent about 45 minutes with Dr. Mathew. I highly recommend her: her care, her ability to explain what the test means in laypersons terms, her ability as a doctor to do the tests that are needed and why I needed that particular test, her friendliness and kindness, her staff are warm and welcoming.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mathew is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Anupama K Mathew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPhoenix Endoscopic Gastrointestinal Services, 9327 N 3rd St Ste 200, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Anupama K Mathew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.