Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anu Sharma has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anu Sharma has the following 9 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Anu Sharma has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
After close to 5 years of seeing 6 doctors in 3 states Dr. Sharma was a breath of fresh air. She brought together a list of symptoms that seemed unrelated to these other doctors and was able to link to an auto-immune disorder (psoriatic arthritis) and give me hope. My husband and I were beyond frustrated and my illness had me on medical leave from work and "medical leave from my whole life." Dr. Sharma spent close to an hour with us, listened closely and asked so many questions I couldn't believe I was talking to a doctor. Being sick so much of the time for so long wears on the emotions and mood but her validation and recommendations proves I'm not a hypochondriac and I'm not attention seeking. I'm just plagued with a disease that is tough to diagnosis and tough to treat.
Dr. Sharma is nice but I always seem rushed when meeting with her. She has this condescending way of talking to me as a parent talking to a child. She looks down and is typing as I am talking with her, no eye contact, which is very rude. Her follow up with my results have not been good. I have to ask her what they were, I am used to other doctors calling and reporting the results and what I should do. Her affect is always very flat as if she would rather be else where. I am currently searching for another doctor, she is not not a good fit for me. The secretaries at the front desk are also not very friendly or welcoming.
Dr. Sharma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Anu Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSuburban Ekg Interpreters, 6001 Montrose Rd Ste 702, Rockville, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anu Sharma in this video.
Dr. Anu Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.