Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anuj Manocha
Dr. Anuj Manocha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Douglasville, GA, with other offices in Austell, GA and Marietta, GA (and 9 other locations). He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Manocha is affiliated with WellStar Cobb Hospital, WellStar Paulding Hospital and Wellstar Kennestone Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Anuj Manocha has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Several years before I found Dr. Manocha I was seen by a couple of Doctors that did a lower GI. Before leaving the office that day I was told that I had colon cancer. After seeing a surgeon to have polyps removed, my test came back that there was no cancer found. It took me several years to build up the courage to find another doctor for another GI. Both of my parents had colon cancer and my mother died of hers. It was found too late. Determined not to go through my previous experience I talked to many doctors and patients. Dr. Manocha was very highly recommended and I set up an appointment to see him. I would recommend that anyone with concerns about their colon health to contact his office and see him as soon as possible. He and his staff are courteous and listen to all of your concerns. Nothing is too small to talk to him about. Do yourself a great favor and go to visit his office. You will not find a better group to trust your health too!
Scheduled endoscopy to test for acid reflux, H Pylori. Was told they would biopsy for celiac, crones, as well as any other diseases. Was only biopsied for part of it. Still required blood work bc he acted as if he didn't remember he was going to test for everything. They always say they will call you with results, but never fail...I had to call them for results. In the end, left with few answers and to come back in three months. Super nice Doctor, but either forgetful or not taking detailed notes. Not to mention having to pay $700+ out of pocket for the endoscopy, but didn't test for everything. Left feeling lost without answers. Not sure if I want to go back.
Dr. Manocha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
WellStar Paulding Hospital
Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
Windy Hill Hospital
24 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Anuj Manocha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anuj Manocha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Douglasville, GA.