Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anupama Devara has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Devara is a professional physician who spends time with each patient. As a result, the patient as well as, the doctor are able to discuss critical preventative care, and current medical issues. Which would you prefer, a quick consultation- less than 5 minutes with the doctor or enough time to discuss your concerns and receive tender loving care? Most patients want to be heard and feel as if the physician is truly concerned about their healthcare. Thus, if I must wait, at least let the wait be worth, waiting for. It is not, intentional that the wait to see Dr. Devara is more than expected. However, patients must decide will the encounter be worth it in the long run? I hope to build a good relationship with Dr. Devara, and will keep you posted.
I ended up waiting just under two hours from my scheduled appointment time, and once I finally met with Dr. Devara, she was incredibly dismissive. I was constantly interrupted when trying to discuss my concerns and symptoms, and she was rude to the point of insulting. On discharge I had to wait for a half hour for her to sign the prescription she had written for me while she was clearly eating lunch. I left with a prescription that later turned out to be contraindicated for 3 out of 4 of the symptoms I had spoken with her about. I will never go back to her again. The front staff and nurses were fine though.
14 Years Experience
Graduated in 2004
Detroit Medical Center Corporation
Dr. Anupama Devara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anupama Devara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.