Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anurita I Mendhiratta has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anurita I Mendhiratta has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
I don't need warm-fuzzies or handholding, but I've never had a doctor who just honestly didn't seem to care if I was healthy or not. She was incredibly dismissive and super impatient with my questions (there was no one else waiting!) I got seriously bad vibes, and it was just an awful experience. Front office staff was fine, but the woman who drew my blood was just as bad as the doctor. How can an office that routinely draws blood not have somewhere a patient can lean back if they tend to get lightheaded? I get it, people who have issues getting blood drawn are pathetic, but I promise, you don't want me fainting in your office.
While I'm sure there are some good things about this Dr. I wouldn't know because I never had privileged of seeing them. In fact this Dr. was very cold and unemotional and gave me the feeling she did not care about me at all. I often left an appointment feeling belittled, hopeless and unheard. Dr. Mandirattha never once smiled at me. She may no her stuff but I need a doctor who not only knows her stuff but cares about their patients too and most of all like what they do. Based on her behavior I would say that she hates her job.
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Anurita I Mendhiratta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPotomac Pain Center, 9043 Shady Grove Ct, Gaithersburg, MD
Dr. Anurita I Mendhiratta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gaithersburg, MD.