Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anwarul U Haq has the following 4 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Before I was accessed by Dr. Haq, his assistant weighed me and measured my height. Dr. Haq asked me how tall I was and my weight, and I repeated what his assistant said, then Dr. Haq told me I'm not that tall, and I don't weigh what I said. The rest of the appointment went the same way as the first 2 mins did. Everything I said, he didn't believe. He told me the gluten blood test was 99% accurate. I had seen a different Dr. before him, and the other Dr. told me the gluten test was unreliable. He was very condescending as well. I think he is ready to retire.
Dr. Haq did not explain my cancer, or what to expect from treatment. He never offered me any counseling, compassion or any kind of caring. I would not recommend him to anyone. And I am not the only person who feels the same way. I know of at least 2 other people who switched to someone else because they did not like him.
34 Years Experience
Universidad Del Noreste
Graduated in 1984
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Anwarul U Haq accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anwarul U Haq is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corning, NY.