Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aparajitha K Verma
Dr. Aparajitha K Verma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. Her specialties include Sleep Medicine, Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology. Dr. Verma is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Aparajitha K Verma has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Verma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Aparajitha K Verma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aparajitha K Verma in this video.
Dr. Aparajitha K Verma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.