Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. April E Cotton has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
She is a nice lady and wants to find answers to questions. My only complaint about her is she seems to rely heavily on the computer for answers and I didn't feel I got any and had no follow up. The staff was a little arrogant and trying to get an appointment is absurd! The appointments are my biggest complaint. They first send your call to Caldwell Memorial then apparently e mail the office then they may or may not call you back. If you are forced to call back they have no idea what's going on and it's like you have to say everything again and again. I suggest just say I will wait until I can talk to the doctor (maybe that will stop some of the needless repetitiveness, but I doubt know). When I couldn't get an apt they told me to go to Urgent Care... I mean what kind of response is that. They also said I had not come often enough so I would have to fill out all new paperwork as a new patient. So much for family doctor, if you're healthy they have it in their "policy to drop you." That's absurd, nothing had changed, I just had not been sick and they gave me no indication that I needed to see the doctor on any set schedule or I likely would have. I wanted a family doctor that would get to know me and my needs over time (as well as family thus my thought of family doctor). It seems that if Caldwell Memorial is involved it's always bad even though I know they have some great people working for them. If what you are looking for is to be treated like you matter then you will want to do what I feel forced to do... Find another doctor. Sad in that Dr. Cotton seems like a nice lady.
22 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. April E Cotton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCaldwell Physician Network, 270 Pine Mountain Rd Ste 4, Hudson, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. April E Cotton in this video.
Dr. April E Cotton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hudson, NC.