Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About April Gatson
April Gatson is a Doctor primarily located in Longview, TX. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 41
One of my most memorable visits to Dr. Gaston came a few years ago in the month of September. I began to feel bad that Friday after work and was sick the entire labor day weekend. I had an appointment with Dr. Gaston the Tuesday after Labor Day. I tried to hold out till then, but I could not make it. At last, I went to the emergency room. The emergency room doctors ran every test know to mankind on me and in the end had no idea what was causing my pain and shortness of breath. (...and by the way, the emergency room doctor never touched me at all - whatsoever.) So, I left the emergency room in the same condition that I entered it except I now owed a huge bill. A day or so later when I got in to see Dr. Gaston, she talked with me about my symptoms. Then she gently pressed my abdomen and instantly diagnosed my condition. I had stayed in the emergency room for over four hours and was give two aspirin and sent home. Dr. Gaston had spent five minutes with me diagnosed my problem and prescribed a treatment. This event occurred over eight years ago, and since that time, Dr. Gaston has successfully helped me with every problem that I have presented to her. She has been quick and accurate with her diagnosis. I am not as young as I once was. So, when I tell you that I take my health and healthcare seriously, you ought to believe me. Dr. Gaston has proven herself to be an excellent physician. I do not hesitate to recommend her to my family, my friends, and to you.
Dr Gatson is the best, but she is Always significantly overbooked. Appointments for acute medical conditions that allow regularly scheduled visits well in advance are easy to book but same day or next day appointments are harder to schedule. Either way, be prepared to spend a couple hours at her office, which is often uncomfortablely warm. She never rushes her patients and has an real patient/Doctor relationship which is hard to find. Most of the staff is great
office needs updating . the staff is terrible but they arent paid much no insurance so there is a high turnover and cant get good help. i like the doctor as a person and as a doctor but her time management needs help take an early an appointment but dont plan on getting out before lunch an 8 15 appointment may not leave the office til 930 or so .
I have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Gatson. She remains very much involved in the treatment plan of her patients and requires prior authorizations for refills. Sorry the experiences of others have not been as great. I do agree with another patient...the best time to book appointments is as early as possible. The reason the wait is so long is because I noticed that she does not rush her patients and address all of their concerns which can become VERY lengthy.
April Gatson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions801 N 4th St, Longview, TX
April Gatson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longview, TX.