Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. April J Maddux has the following 1 specialty
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 26
My experience with Dr Maddux was outstanding. Her staff was friendly and Dr Maddux took very good care of me during some issues with my right breast. Her bedside manner is very calm and she is a extremely caring Doctor. Very knowledgeable and attentive to her patients needs. I would highly recommend her.
I can't imagine how anyone could have a positive experience with this woman. When I arrived at her office I was the only one in the waiting room. I waited about 15 minutes to go back to the room where I waited for over an hour. When she finally entered the room, I thought she would want to know that her patient had been waiting over an hour. She might be concerned how her office was run. I was there on a Thurs. She told me T and Th were her surgery days. That's it. No apology. Nothing. She spoke with me about 2 minutes and then opened the door and was halfway out when I asked if she were leaving. She said she was finished. I told her I had questions and that if waited over an hour to see her, she could spend more than 2 minutes with me. She told me that I did not have to come to her, that I could go to another doctor and left. Never apologized, never smiled, never had an ounce of concern. I give her an F. I will not go back to her, nor will I recommend her.
I have never had such poor care by a doctor. It isn't that she has a poor bedside manner, it is that she doesn't have a bedside manner at all. Her bluntness comes across as cruelty and she has no compassion for the feelings of her patients. If she was simply rude but correctly diagnosed me I perhaps could overlook her lack of bedside manner. However, she missed my diagnosis and I thankfully was able to be cared for only because I did not trust her opinion and sought a second opinion elsewhere. I would recommend you seek the care of a breast surgeon at another facility.
Dr. Maddux has made a scary situation for me, very manageable. She has a wonderful bedside manner, is thoughtful and caring and made my diagnosis very simple to understand. She answered my questions with ease and confidence. I highly recommend her to anyone that needs a good breast surgeon. My level of confidence in her expertise couldn't be higher. She is an excellent doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. April J Maddux accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBreastcare Center Of Birmingham, 2018 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Ste 207, Birmingham, AL
Dr. April J Maddux is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.