Dr. April C Pettit Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. April C Pettit?

Great Experience

I've been a patient of Dr. Pettit's at CCC in Nashville for over 2 years. She has been an excellent doctor. Just to address some complaints in a previous review, it's true that she's more hands off which I absolutely love although if there are problems, she does the needed exams. She is instead very perceptive and listens extremely intensely in order to find legitimate problems. She deals with a very difficult patient population, many of whom have substance abuse and lifestyle issues. Another thing to remember, is that with this patient population, of which I am one, there are many issues arising from HIV, needed medications, and other communicable diseases. One thing she doesn't do are unnecessary, intrusive physical exams such as anal and genital exams, instead preferring to rely on blood testing and patient complaints. She also utilizes the many years of experience of Dr. Raffanti, the clinic director, to completely address issues. Overall, a great experience. When I saw the bad review, I had to respond because in many cases, the bad reviews are the only ones that ever get documented.

Worst care ever

Saw this (doctor?) 4 times in one year and was never touched. By that I mean examined. I accomplished nothing with her and felt as though she had no interest in me other than putting me on the Vanderbuilt treadmill. She set up appointments for me on the one day I told her I could not go. Stopped a medication without telling me (that could have been a mess)but I knew I knew longer needed it so I started to get off of it on my own. Did not help me with problems that I specifically asked her to. I had the feeling that I should be so happy with whatever she decided I could overlook the swelling in my feet, the pain in my right hip, my inability to close my left hand, the nausea, ect.I mean seriously ...