Dr. Arash Akhavan Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Arash Akhavan?

Poor knowledge of medical dermatology

The practice has become too focused on $$ cosmetic dermatology at the expense of quality medical dermatology. After failing to identify the cause of an acute skin condition, Dr Akhavan advocated an inappropriate cosmetic treatment that only exacerbated the problem. Followups were of little worth. Moreover, I was told by other doctors his treatment protocol was completely wrong. Patients seeking help with more complex skin conditions are encouraged to seek help from more qualified doctors with greater understanding of medical dermatology.

Excellent Doctor & Practice

I've been a patient of Dr. Akhavan's for a few years now and I have never had anything but other than a great experience at the office. I've also had a chance to see the other doctors there as well who are just as excellent.

Not thrilled

Saw him a week and a half ago for case of shingles. He spent very little time with a minimum of explanation and assistant (who was present in the room much of the time) was courteous but inattentive. She later called with incorrect test results, mixing me up with another patient, and I'm still waiting for her followup answers to a question I had for the doctor. I collected my paperwork and went to another dermatologist who I probably should have seen in the first place and who was the perfect combination of bedside manner, attentiveness, and concern that is lacking here. Nothing will go wrong here but you can do much better.

Thorough!

Was referred by friends who also see him. I found him to be very thorough, he explained everything very clearly, answered questions and was a good listener. Very professional. Also, his office was organized and calm. Cannot comment on follow-up until I actually have the follow-up.

Thourough and Professional

Best physician experience I have had in Manhattan. Personable doctor- he also took his time to explain everything to me very fully.

Smart man. Cured a problem I have had for years in a few minutes. Owe him a great deal...

Saw for my first skin cancer check-up with him. Was very thourough. Answered all my questions. Was charming and pleasant. Would recommend him to my friends.

Competent, professional, thorough. Accomplished a lot in a very short time.But, he stood up during the visit and I left not entirely sure what to do to treat my psoriasis in areas where I couldn't use the prescribed meds. After waiting 45 minutes, I wanted a less quick visit. Can't say if I am to return or not.

Excellent

Very knowledgable and friendly doctor.

Dr. Arash Akhavan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.