Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arati C Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Arati C Patel has the following 13 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Palliative Care
- Women's Health
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 5 of 12
I have worked as a PCA and have meet many Doctors both professionally and my own health care. Dr. Patel is the most caring and personable Doctor I have ever meet. The care she gives her patients is over and beyond any Doctor I have every seen. I tell her she is an Angel in disguise. If you are someone that wants a Doctor that takes the time and looks at you as a person than just another patient then she is the Doctor for you. She is now caring more in women cancers and I can say being a survivor of breast cancer that I would travel to Maryland from Colorado just so she would be the Doctor to treat me. I can not praise her enough the care she has given for my Mom, Dad, Cousin and In-laws. She takes the time to make sure the family is included in everything that is being done. She realizes the importance of family to a love one that is in need. If you need a doctor that gives you wonderful care and a warm hug Doctor Patel is for you! I would give her 50 stars if I could.
I love Dr. Patel. I had to wait at my last appointment just because my primary dr's office didn't forward a lab test as requested. Dr. Patel served me tea while I waited and checked on me every 4 - 5 minutes to make sure I was ok and to update me on what was going on. Served tea by your dr? When was the last time that happened? She's great!!
I have been seeing Dr. Patel for 5.5 years now. I was referred to her by a friend. I was glad I listened. She get's to know you, treat you like your family. She does not play around when it comes to your health. She is right on the money. She also found another problem while I was there. I continue to see her for follow ups to ensure staying healthy and cancer free. She has the best bed side manners for a doctor. Her staff is excellent and no problem getting an appointment or if you need a call back, they answer you most of the time in that same day. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
New England Medical Center
Dr. Arati C Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCalvert Medical Imaging, 110 Hospital Rd Ste 212, Prince Frederick, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arati C Patel in this video.
Dr. Arati C Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prince Frederick, MD.