The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Abram Patterson Jr
Dr. Abram Patterson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roanoke, VA, with another office in Salem, VA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology. Dr. Patterson is affiliated with Lewis-Gale Medical Center, Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital and Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Abram Patterson Jr has the following 1 specialty
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Abram Patterson Jr has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Abram Patterson Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 3
Dr. Patterson observed a change in my mammogram that looked suspicious. After an ultrasound, he did a biopsy but wasn't satisfied. It did not pick up what he knew was there. He did a second biopsy and confirmed that I did have cancer. He called me personally to discuss what he found. I am glad he checked again in a second place. I am here today, because of that second look. I am so thankful for him and his ability. Carilion is lucky to have him.
Dr. Patterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
45 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1968
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Abram Patterson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.