Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Archana Chopra has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Archana Chopra has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Archana Chopra is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Archana Chopra - Posted on February 10th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Archana Chopra - Posted on January 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Archana Chopra - Posted on February 7th, 2014
My experience with Dr. Chopra has not been the best. In order to maintain anonymity I will say I have seen her more than once but not more than 20 times, but enough to give an accurate review. Her appointments are extremely short, usually 15-20 minutes and are charged quite a hefty rate for such a short appointment. A typical appointment consists of "how are you doing?" and her basically listening to you talk about any major happenings in your life throughout the past month or two. After 15 minutes she writes the same prescription almost every visit, rarely (if ever) changing or adding any new dosages or medications. Any issues brought up or chief complaints are not heard or listened to at all, and she tends to frequently brush off psychiatric issues that you've recently been having as "just life" when you clearly know there is something much deeper going on within yourself. Overall I wouldn't recommend her to anyone, I received better mental health service from my family doctor than from her, ever, and I always leave the office disappointed or upset. I hate to sound so harsh, but it is how it is, and I have had psychiatrists in the past that actually LISTEN and ask more questions; she seems to be simply interested in collecting her payment and writing a refill script and getting you out the door.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Chopra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Archana Chopra Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Archana Chopra's office for more information.
118 E Court St Paris, IL : (217) 465-4118
Locations & DirectionsHUMAN RESOURCE CENTER, 118 E Court St, Paris, IL
Dr. Archana Chopra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Paris, IL.