Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ardavan Q Afrasiabi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 4 of 4
My recent stay in Oroville Hospital was challenging to say the least, but it is not the hospital that this review is about. I found Dr. Afrasiabi to be a caring person, who asked pertinent questions about my symptoms and reviewed the tests I had been given, and even called my cardiologist (who had advised me to go to the ER), to learn more about my condition. He did all this in a comforting manner. He sat in a chair a foot away from the bed I was sitting on and explained what was causing my symptoms very thoroughly and advised me about the next steps I should take and what medicines I should stop using, that seemed to have caused my condition. After he left, one of the nurses asked me what he said to me, and told me that all of the nurses were wondering about it because they had never seen a doctor sit down with a patient before this. NOTE - the first two ratings do not apply here.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsOroville Hospital, 2767 Olive Hwy, Oroville, CA
Dr. Ardavan Q Afrasiabi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oroville, CA.