Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon
Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Sekhon is affiliated with Methodist Hospital of Sacramento and Mercy General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon has the following 12 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Evoked Potential Studies
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
We have never met a Doctor as unprofessional and uncaring as Doctor Ardeep K Sekhon. She didn't answer any of our questions. She left the room without a word, we had to ask one of the nurses if she was coming back or not. Very disrespectful Behavior. It seems she is in the field to satisfy her Ego first and patients needs or preferences are secondary. We are not going back to her.
I've seen Dr. Sekhon twice. Both times she focused all her attention on her computer screen and never actually interacted with me. She did not seem engaged or interested in any conversation or questions. The last time I saw her she left the room to supposedly order a test and never returned. Only after her PA saw me sitting there did anyone say she wasn't coming back. I am in the process of finding a different neurologist. I would advise strongly against seeing Dr. Sekhon.
I find her to be a very uncaring, unprofessional physician. Each visit she walks in the door and goes over to the computer, where she stays. She has only taken her face off of the screen on two different occasions to answer a question (neither time very well I might add). It is my experience with her that she takes her practice as a 9 - 5 job, she shows no care nor concern. I have had several appointments with her and they are all the same. I have since changed neurologists.
Dr. Sekhon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Debrecen Medical And Health Sciences Centre
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSutter Neuroscience Medical Group, 2800 L St Ste 500, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Ardeep K Sekhon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.