Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arden D Barnett Jr has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Arden D Barnett Jr has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Arden D Barnett Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 42
Moved from Chicago to Michigan City and began seeing Dr. Barnett. He failed to tell me his experience was with child and adolescent psychiatry not with severe rapid cycling bipolar disorder 1. He was my doctor for just 3 months and in that time I had to be taken to the ER twice to get medications during office hours. He didn't know what to prescribe for me or how to handle a mixed episode. What he did do is get a protective order against me so I would stop calling the office demanding medications and an appointment. After the crisis was over and I was safely in the hands of a qualified professional, I learned that Dr. Barnett had a rather large negligence suit settled against him on an child/adolescent case in IL. I feel like God was watching over me during the few months I was with Dr. Barnett. I came very close to ending my life solely due to bad medical care. Disgraceful.
Extremely knowledgable. He took 20 minutes to understand and see right through my daughters issues. Very direct and to the point. If you want the truth he is the doctor to see. If your still in denial or want sugar coating I'd look elsewhere. My daughter absolutely connected with him and said she "loved" him even though she cannot bare most people being honest with her. She felt a genuine connection with him and we will choose him as our follow up doctor. He is a good listener. My only issue is that he is hard to get a hold of.
34 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Chicago Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCARLE CLINIC ORTHOPEDICS, 1802 S Mattis Ave, Champaign, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arden D Barnett Jr in this video.
Dr. Arden D Barnett Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Champaign, IL.